After the first month of the season, it is time for my top ten teams plus two bonus teams.
- Alabama Crimson Tide 5-0. The best team in the country
- Clemson Tigers 5-0. If Clemson loses a game this season they should not make the playoffs.
- Georgia Bulldogs 4-0. Should have lost to Notre Dame
- LSU Tigers 4-0. As always on a collision course with Alabama.
- Ohio State Buckeyes 5-0. Doing just fine post Urban Meyer
- Auburn Tigers 5-0. The forgotten team in the SEC WEST
- Oklahoma Sooners 4-0. Could they have the Heisman winner for the third straight season?
- Wisconsin Badgers 4-0. Can they get over the Ohio State hump this year?
- Florida Gators 5-0. The fun will end the next two weeks with games vs Auburn and Georgia.
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish 3-1. Should have beat Georgia. They can run the table and get back into the playoff talk.
These teams can’t make the playoffs but could be in the top 10 soon and play in a New Years Day Bowl Game.
Virginia Cavaliers 4-1. Weak remaining schedule in a weak ACC.
Central Florida Knights 4-1. Need to get into a power conference.