1. Florida State 9-1 (2) Another close call and now the only undefeated team in the country. Have to now keep them in the top spot until they lose. Potentially one loss and they are not in my top 4 anymore. I can find 4 teams better than FSU but will be in the playoffs if undefeated.
4. Mississippi State 9-1 (1) Will kick themselves when they watch the tape. Showed me more in a loss than some of their wins. A loss by Arizona State and thnot so impressive wins by TCU and Ohio State makes the fall not too steep. Thanksgiving Saturday is huge for the SEC.
6. Ohio State 9-1 (8) Will roll into the Big 10 Title game. Still needs some breaks to make the playoffs. Needed a decisive win yesterday. Needs Wisconsin to win out. With no quality teams left on the schedule a win over the Badgers in the Big 10 title game is the only big win left.
7. Baylor 8-1 (8) Even though they beat TCU the way they won hurts them. I guess. Without a conference championship game the Bears need to win out including the finale against Kansas State who also would help out them out by winning out too.
8. Ole Miss 8-2 (10) Look who rejoined the party. Now picture this. Auburn wins the Iron Bowl and the Rebels win the Egg bowl. SEC West will have a 3 way tie at first with 2 loss teams. Ole Miss would have beaten both Bama and Miss St. That should get them to the SEC Championship game vs Georgia.
9. Georgia 8-2 (UR) The bulldogs need Missouri to lose to make the SEC Championship game. They need to still win out. GA Tech will be tricky as always. Really need to see a one loss team in the SEC Championship game if they get there. Interesting to see where the committee ranks them as they destroyed the 9th ranked Auburn Tigers. They have been ranked ahead of Missouri all year long.
10. UCLA 8-2 (UR) Really on this list by default. I couldn’t find another 2 loss team I like and the remaining one loss teams don’t belong here. USC and the conference championship game against Oregon may give them enough style points in others ahead of them faulter.